Link targets duplicate across multiple links
While verifying link structures to correct a different error, I found a number of places in one of our books where, for unknown reasons, multiple successive link targets had been overwritten by the target for another link:
I have noticed this on other books before but attributed it to user error. In this case, however, the issue was widespread on links I have personally handled recently, making me more confident that it is evidence of a deeper problem. Steps to replicate are unknown at this time, the issue only having been observed 'after the fact' so far.