Book builder accessibility issues
Using NVDA screen reader (https://www.nvaccess.org/) on book builder page :
- I can't access (using tab) to the elements "FRONTMATTER", "BODY", or "BACKMATTER", they are text elements alone, lost in a lot of links.
- The page has no Heading levels (h1, h2, etc.).
- Elements like "upload word" "team manager", etc. are read but don't get focus. I wonder if those elements would deserve to be mentioned as NAV elements.
See the video for illustration (sorry for the echo and bad audio).
Solutions may be :
- use html semantics instead of divs (i believe frontmatter should be title of a section as in the final file)
- add a better structure to the page (where can we cut content)
- use arialabels on buttons
(instance used for testing : editoria.cloud68.co)
*Note this is not a full accessibility review, only a quick look to see how it goes. *