automatically build chapter outline
The OEN project has a "Outline" element that can be added from textbook planner (wizard) and from within Wax.
- is a list of all the main content headings in the document (see example here and here, page 19.
- can sometimes have a leading sentence before the list, for example: “In this unit we look at …”
- does not list the headings of openers or closers or short and long texts in #516
At the moment the outline needs to be manually populated with the relevant headings from the document. It would be better if this list of headings could be automatically generated.
At a minimum the user should be able to:
- populate the list of headings
- update the list of headings
- If the book is built with 3 levels from the textbook planner, then when the user opens Chapter 1, for example, he'll see the following within the outline element:
- H2: Outline
- a list of all the h2s with
- Updating the outline, with the refresh icon shown below, adds any new h2s with
<section>and other h2s to the list
- If the book is built with 2 levels from the textbook planner, then when the user opens Chapter 1, for example, he'll see the following within the outline element:
- H2: Outline
- No list.
- Updating the outline, with the refresh icon shown below, any new h2s to the list
Implementation (if applicable)
[A description of the steps to implement the feature.]
Alternative approaches (if applicable)
[Include any alternatives to meet this use case.]
Open issues (if applicable)
[Links to and a discussion of related issues, if applicable.]