UCP stylesheet upgrade
This is a table of content for all the issues that need to be cleaned to typeset any lumino book.
For this, we used the lumino specifications.
Table of issues
Set all the page masters needed: each page master will handle basic styles and its own specific. (for example, the copyright page start from the bottom and has smaller lines)
- Serie page
- Table of content (Set automatically)
Table of illustrations
table of tables
- Front matter opening page (first page for any front matter without specific needs)
Front matter body page
Part opening page
Part content page
- Chapter Opening (first page of the chapter)
- Back matter Opening (first page of any back matter)
Back matter body
Styling and typographics
- fonts: we need to be sure that the fonts used by UCP is the one we're using.
- Set all the styles needed by UCP and the way they are shown in Wax/editoria -> see #3
- baseline: all elements are set to work on a baseline. Since there is no easy way to do so, we have to rely on simple mathematics with line-height, padding and margins (see #9).
Test the unit conversions/management: using
cmwill break the baseline on screen, but should work as intended on paper. At the same time, using pixel on screen (perfect screen preview) will be converted into point to be printed. We're talking about really small difference, and the pixel is more accurate to render content on screen. Some investigations need to happen here as we could build two different stylesheet (and keep those for print and/or screen preview). see #5 (closed)
- Other languages that need specific fonts: japanese, hangul and other will have a specific character set. see #6 and #1
- Footnotes to endnotes (using vivliostyle styling OR editoria export) see https://gitlab.coko.foundation/editoria/editoria/issues/78
- color management & prepress action on the PDF — reducing size, assure the 300DPI, true black for text using ghostscript
- crop marks (the one within vivliostyle can not be used as there is no bleed and no way to make them).
- images handling