Fix AuthorsInput form field display & data capturing
Context; Aperture requires that the contributors first name, last name, affiliation and email address are captured in an ordered list per manuscript submission. There can be in excess of 20+ contributors per manuscript. The current structure of the Aperture form is that 3 separate TextFields would capture author data;
- Contributor Author Name (TextField)
- Contributor Author Affiliation (TextField)
- Contributor Author Email (TextField)
Our initial solution was to capture the ordered data per field (i.e. text separated by a comma). However, Kotahi's Form Builder offers the 'AuthorsInput' field type. The field is buggy. We would like to use the AuthorsInput from field to capture Aperture contributors to register DOIs with Crossref.
Issue description; currently the AuthorsInput does not display or retain data once submitted. The UI needs to be fixed, this can be achieved by aligning the 'Add new author' button and the expanded; First name, Last name, Affiliation and email address fields within the Metadata view.
- when a user inputs data into the field it should save on autosave and on submission.
- the form field should sit within the metadata view and not bleed/overlap in the menu.
- add ability to 'Include in reviewers' preview? yes/no' in advanced settings [TBC]