Release notes | 1 October 2021
The following features have been tested on Kotahidev and are ready to be deployed to Aperturedev;
- Control panel enhancements;
- to separate the metadata, manuscript and workflow tabs to better organise the workspace and accommodate associated functionality.
- ensure reviewer anonymity by selecting the checkbox to 'Hide reviewer name' before submitting a Decision or publishing.
Description field added to all form field types.
'Hide from author'; was added as an advanced setting in the form builder allowing system administrators the ability to easily select a yes/no checkbox to hide specific form fields from the author while still remaining accessible and editable for Admins, and the editorial team.
- Email notifications can be sent from the control panel;
- Users will be required on login to insert a valid email address into the 'Email' field on 'My profile' page. A users email address will pull through automatically from ORCID should a user's account settings be set to allow sharing of specific personal information. Here's a useful article outlining the visibility of personal information on ORCID.
- Email templates implemented are outlined in this reference document. Styling can be edited as required.
- Email notifications require a user to be registered in the system to appear in the dropdown selection menu.
- Email notifications sent to new users can be done by selecting the 'New User' checkbox and inserting a valid email address and a name.
- A log of all email notifications sent can be viewed from the 'Editorial discussion' chat window. After clicking 'Notify' ( this sends an email notification) wait until you see a record of the action appear before clicking on Notify again - you don't want to send two emails by mistake :)
- Registering DOIs with Crossref; after clicking on 'Publish', journal articles DOIs will be automatically registered with Crossref. Apeturedev is publishing articles to the Crossref Test site where you are able to review all reports of articles published from Kotahidev and Aperturedev; https://test.crossref.org/ navigate to 'Submissions' > 'Adminstartion' views and click 'Search'. I've included a report and XML example of a successfully registered article in this task #402 (closed)