We discussed a filtering feature for the dashboard, where the editors could select a status from the dropdown menu, thereby filtering the manuscripts to only those that are in the selected status.
Articles that are “done” (published, rejected etc) will be automatically archived (but not deleted), so that they are by default not in the dashboard view.
The proposed states were as follows (wording subject to change):
- Needs datatype/curator QC - done ->initial submission ready
- Needs SO approval
- Needs reviewer invites
- Reviewer has been invited - done
- Needs reviewer chasing (needs a date step)
- Reviewer reviewing - done -> pending
- Author needs to revise
- Reviewers want to see revision
- Editor needs to make decision
- Needs to be published