Bulk upload file checks and creating new file versions
1. Bulk upload window does not close upon completion of upload without any status notice
The bulk upload window remains open once complete upload, and the status (blue spinning discs) runs and then disappears without explanation. This is perplexing to users. And knowing to go all the way to the tiny little grey “x” in the upper right corner is not intuitive.
- Checks are run on files before sending for conversion to check that files meet file submissions specifications. Any errors in file naming / submission requirements are shown in the window to resolve. If no errors window automatically closes (current behavior in current Books CMS).
- NCBI current assumption: all upload files if pass file naming / submission requirements are uploaded to CMS BEFORE they are sent to NCBI for conversion / PMC load. Reason for this is to make sure ALL submitted files are stored – if errors NCBI won’t return those source files to the system.
2. Assumed file type message in upload message (see image) is confusing
5. Need rules for matching new version of files for a component to previous ones
Rules need to account for new versions with same file name but different file extension (see .doc vs .docx for achondroplasia); in Sublime Confusion. The .docx file is an update the .doc version.