Workflow for resolving conversion errors
Here's a first draft of the wireframe for the errors tab for each book component.
Workflow for conversion errors
- A user uploads files which convert with errors (status = Errors reported)
- The user who uploaded the file gets notified about the errors (with link to errors tab)
- The errors are reported on this tab. The errors have two severity types: "error" and “warning”. Warnings do not need to be resolved prior to publication.
- The user who uploaded the file tries to resolve them, either by making fixes to the Word doc and uploading the corrected file or uploading missing supplementary files and reconverting the source file.
- When a new file version is uploaded (or the current file version reconverted), the previous (out-of-date) errors are moved to the history, accessible from the ‘Show history’ button.
- If there are still errors, the user needs to assign them to someone in their team or an NBCI sys admin for help. (Currently your Word users do this via email or slack.)
- Is there really a need to assign individual errors, as opposed the all remaining errors? Since the errors relate to one file version, only one person can fix the errors in the file at one time.
- When errors are assigned to system admins, is the expectation that the sys admin must fix the error, or is the goal to provide the user with the information she need to fix the error herself?
@John.kopanas -- do you have any other questions?
(I'll deal with publish to PCM errors later this week).