Sign up page: validating users data before sign up
This is from NCBI's feedback in #37 (closed).
On the sign up page:
- [I] Got the "User has been created successfully!" message even though given names and surname were left blank but username and password filled in - then [I] went back to admin page but no new user was pending under the selected organization.
- Let me sign up using the same username, email and password for a second user, got the "User has been created successfully!" message but no new user appears on the admin page.
- If user has invalid field (e.g., email) it creates user, but then you can modify and save other fields – the error messaging needs to be clearer and not let you ever add user if a field is incomplete
Users cannot sign up unless all fields have been added (this works) but the error message ""User has been created successfully!" is not correct.
- 1. Instead of showing a general error message at the top of the page, show inline validation for each field that has not been completed correctly.
- 2. The username field should be validated before selecting 'Sign up' so that the user doesn't have to repeat the sign up process. I.e. A user wants to know if the the username that he has chosen is available for before selecting 'Sign up'.