NCBI testing release 15 July
NCBI's new testing site is at: https://ncbi.cloud68.co/
All data from your current testing site has been retained.
Ready for testing
As shown in the demo, the following issues are ready for testing:
- Back button functionality (#543 (closed) and #567 (closed)): this has been made explicit to go back to a book (from a chapter) and back to the organisation (from a book)
- Moving errors to the history (#310): see my comment here which reflects our discussion yesterday.
- Error saving metadata (#574 (closed) and #584 (closed)) There was a bug with saving metadata and separately the cover was not displaying once uploaded. Both of these have been resolved.
- Search (#494): Search has been implemented on the Organization page and the All users page
- Add default error message when json notice is empty: This if for the use case where NCBI cannot report the detail of the error. However as mentioned in the issue it's unclear if you'll be able to test this visually.
- File validation: A small bug fix on source file validation (#572 (closed)) and removing specific file types for supplementary file uploads as requested (#537 (closed))
Not ready for testing
As discussed the main functionality developed is the ability to upload converted files (#554 (closed)) but this shouldn't be tested until the related refactoring has been completed (#582 (closed)) which will resolve the multiple problems with statuses present in this build.