Questions on workflow and data modeling of the app
Gathering here questions that came up while working on data modeling.
- 1. are reviews and comments related? Comments can be made only during "review" status of the book?
Comments relate to a book component version (chapter-processed) or a book version (book-processed)
- 2. Does review mean a new version of the original book (replaced files, comments, decisions)?
Reviews happen per book component version (chapter-processed) or a book version (book-processed). A new version is created after 'Published' state
- 3. What are the things that we want to track during the lifecycle of a book ? is there a need to revert to a previous state by reading the tracked events
List of activity to track for user activity stream and production reports in #209.
There is no need to revert to a previous state of the content.
- 4. Preview functionality is happening only during REVIEW status? What actually is a preview of the book? Rendered content of all the chapters? using PageJS for example?
Preview link generated by NCBI and sent to BCMS. Available to view during all states except Converting and Errors
- 5. only the latest generated preview is saved ? or do we need versioning on previews?
Only the latest file version
- 6. Identify metadata of a book
Done in #142
- 7. What are the User Preferences?
Email notification preferences (scoped at this stage for one-to-one or daily digest) #252
- 8. What is the difference between Person and Unaffiliated Individual?
These user roles are not relevant anymore