Book manager wireframes for V1 development
Here are the wireframes for approval as discussed in the walk-throughs with you and your team.
We spoke about these features that are outside the V1 scope, and therefore not included here:
- Sorting and filtering data in tables
- Seeing which user a book component is assigned to
- Compiling and downloading reports on data in tables.
Book manager structure
- The Book manager shows each book component and its related information listed in a table. There is a table for each book section: Front/Body/Back
- Tasks that apply to the full book (Team, Settings, Metadata, Bulk upload) are shown in the top bar. Editors and Org Admins see these.
- Decision made in call: Expanding the current book component version row will open to show the previous version only, and a button to "show all versions". (V1 development will include current version only.)
- V1 will include columns as shown above (errors will not have any data).
- V1 will not include 'Download' and 'Archive' bulk actions.
Book component cards
- Clicking on a row in the table opens a card for that book component version, showing its information.
- Users can move through these cards (prev and next) to view each component easily.
- Answer to questions in call: Moving through the cards will work for all the book components, not just the book components in one section. We will add the sections (Front/Body/Back) to the cards.
- Users who have permission to see previous versions can do so using the version buttons shown in the bottom left (not for development in V1 of BCMS)
- Design for the "files" tab to be confirmed
- The "Metadata tab below shows the min required book component metadata (#22 (closed)) and
- V1 dev includes the min required book metadata (#22 (closed)) and
- As per requirements discussed in #60 (closed), the Editor manages the setting for the book.
- Most of the Publishing Settings are made at the step of creating the book. Settings that only the Sys Admin can change are locked.
- The TOC settings for V1 include:
- Order chapters by: manual
- Display headings (depth)
- Display chapter metadata
- As confirmed in #64 (closed), the Editor manages the book's team. In this modal, the editor adds accepted Organisation users to the book and assigns those users one more more roles.
- V1 dev includes adding (co) Editors, Authors, and Previewers to the book's team
- Sorting the list of users won't be included in V1.
Create book components in bulk
Selecting the "bulk upload" button open the modal
An Author (or Editor) uploads Word source files in bulk. These files are styled according the NCBI's conversion requirements, and the conversion is initiated at this point. One book component is created for each file. This is the 1st version of the book component and the file.
@lathrops1 Please provide text for upload explanation.
Processing information that will show here depends on the info NCBI sends back to us, and at which point. @John.kopanas FYI Based on call last night, NCBI will only send info back after full process in complete (i.e. upload, conversion, and preview generated) however NCBI will confirm these details.
Users can minimise the 'Bulk upload' modal and continue to work while the upload in is progress.
- Once the process is complete, users will see a success message if they have the book manager page open. Future iterations will in include email notifications to users.
- Users will see how many files failed.
- Clicking the "show all failures" button filters the content in the tables to show only the failures.
- If the files don't include the Document Type, meaning that the system does not know if it should be placed in Front/Body/Back, it will show in the Body by default until the Document type is known, or the Editor drags and drops the component to the correct section.
- Files that process successfully have the status "Previewing"; files that fail have the status "Failed".
- V1 will not include failed files or error reporting.