This is the first alpha release of Kotahi, an open source application to manage research publication workflows.
This release is not ready for general use. It does, however, include many features such as:
- Customisable submission form
- Real-time chat with authors, editors and reviewers
- A dashboard and several admin screens
- Review and decision workflows
- Supplementary file uploads
- DOCX to HTML conversion with XSweet
- Multiple link/research object submission
- Basic frontpage/public-facing page
- Logging in with ORCID
- Profile pictures
Upcoming milestones can be seen here: https://gitlab.coko.foundation/kotahi/kotahi/-/milestones. The first beta is planned for end of August and will include many stability/UX and security improvements.