Image File extensions don't match when case on file extension differs and create the same version number for each
Files extensions should match on name, not name and extention
New file versions for the same file with same base name but different file extension cases don't match as new versions of same image
Steps to reproduce
NCBI's priority feedback
Need to assess -
per @deniskar - we have ~746 images with all cap file extensions - processing danger is sending the correct file extensions for ingest to pmc so correct images display in preview - we know this is a constant issue with XML submissions where they change file case extensions in either XML callouts or files, but not both!!!
- Go to any XML or PDF book.
- Upload a file in the Images section (example toc.jpg)
- Rename the file by changing the case of the extension (example toc.JPG)
- Notice that the file you uploaded in the second step was replaced by the one you uploaded in the third step
- You can try this with other types of image file extensions, such as png or tif.