Document TOC requirements for chapter-processed books (all workflows)
(Updated 11 August)
- Coko will create a toc.xml file for all chapter-processed books based on the book components in the Book Manager
- The following settings chosen in the UI affect the TOC (see screenshot reference below):
- Group chapters into parts: This allows users to manually add parts which must be reflected in the toc.xml
- Order chapters by: The order selected is reflected in the toc.xml
- All workflows require additional ordering value: By Publication date
- Display headings depth: all possible heading options must be included in the toc.xml. The setting chosen determines what gets rendered on Bookshelf (through the domain service integration).
- Display metadata on TOC: all book-part-metadata must be inlcuded in the related
<toc-entry>, excluding empty fileds. The settings chosen determine what gets rendered on Bookshelf (through the domain service integration).
@latternm has provided samples showing the structure of all requirements in point 2:
- toc-template-main.xml: covers all the items from the "metadata" and "book order" section in requirements above (we assume PIs would be included in book-meta)
- toc-template-special-no-part-files.xml: that's just an a template for how part entries would look if the parts are not ingested (no chapter package / NBK ID)
- toc-template-special-alpha-index.xml: that's a template for how to create a toc if an alpha index is required
- toc-template-special-hidden-or-repeated-entries.xml: that's a template for how repeated or hidden toc entries would look.
versionin the templates refers to the the published version on Bookshelf which equals book component version in BCMS.
- The entire
<book-meta>node must be added to the toc.xml file.
<collection-meta>node must be added to the toc.xml file only if the book belongs to a collection (i.e. th node cannot be present and empty).
- Once created, send the toc.xml in cron job (#625 (closed))
Items to clarify
See this comment below
Clarification on the TOC requirements:
- automatic ordering rules versus manual ordering by Editor
- generating the TOC at a BITS XML file within the source file manager