submit cover images separately
In #739, we decided to decouple ingest and cover image submissions. This applies to both wholebook and chapter-processed domains. This also applies to collection covers (there is no difference between a collection and a wholebook in terms of NCBI's processing).
NCBI needs two things:
- the physical image (ex.
- the domain name
- User adds or updates a cover image in the book or collection metadata UI
- BCMS creates package: Zip the image together with a JSON file detailing the domain: ex
foobar.json. JSON contains
- submit to FTP dir:
- Processing errors NCBI-side should be very rare, but are no impossible. In these cases NCBI sends a receipt via Kafka to a dedicated topic
- BCMS sends email notification for the errors reported (to be defined in #511
- Covers submitted to BCMS display on NCBI Bookshelf web pages per NCBI rendering rules after covers are passed to NCBI from BCMS and committed and distributed by NCBI